Our Eco Aims
Here at From Land and Sea, we feel passionate about protecting our beautiful planet and do our best to create an eco friendly experience. We do all we can to recycle and use biodegradable products where possible. This applies to both our products and packaging while still maintaining quality and aesthetics.
So what are we actually doing?
- We choose suitably sized boxes for shipping orders. These boxes are made from corrugated cardboard and are fully recyclable. Where required, we use a simple yet effective void filling paper where a little extra padding is needed for protection inside the box. This paper filling scrunches in a way that provides effective protection with minimal material and if that’s not enough, it has been made from 100% recycled paper.
- Occasionally we receive stock that comes with eco packaging. We will reuse this in some of our boxes we send out to ensure it is getting reused to its full potential.
- The tape we use to seal the boxes is made from Kraft paper and is 100% recyclable so no need to peel off the tape to recycle.
- For extra security and reinforcement and to minimise the amount of tape used, we add natural jute twine which is 100% biodegradable.
We have done our best to create packaging that reflects our brand and ethos. For us, the packaging is all part of the purchasing experience and, after all, first impressions make a difference! This doesn’t mean that packaging should be bad for the environment though, which is why we have developed our packaging to look great and be guilt free.
- Lots of our products feature a simple kraft card band which is made from 100% recycled materials and is also recyclable after use.
- Our swing tags are also made from the same kraft card and are attached with 100% biodegradable natural jute twine.
- Our prints are protected with glassine bags which are 100% recyclable and 100% biodegradable. Although glassine has a frosted appearance, we quite like it and it is a much better option than traditional plastic bag wrapping.
- Greetings cards will be provided unwrapped but are secured together with the envelope, with a light adhesive recyclable paper sticker. Box sets of cards are packaged in a recycled kraft cardboard box.
Throughout our products list, we are proud to have sourced mainly recycled, recyclable and/or eco materials. Our clothing is 100% cotton (apart from the hoodies which are made from 80% ringspun cotton with just 20% polyester. Our 3 T’s (tshirts, totes and teatowels) are all 100% cotton. Our paper and card supplies are recyclable and in many cases made from recycled materials too.
We even thought about the inks that we use!
Paper/card printed items
Our paper/card printed items are all created using water based eco inks both in our office and with our suppliers.
Our supplier prides themselves on:
- using environmentally certified and recycled papers
- All our papers are from sustainable sources
- We use superior quality vegetables based inks
- We recycle all our waste products
Fabric printed items
All fabric items are printed using 100% biodegradable, water-based organic inks meeting the strictest industry standards
Our aims beyond our shop…
We hope, that like us, you are passionate about our delicate planet and recycle your packaging and materials where possible. Maybe give them a second life, for example:
Use our outer box to send your own parcels in or maybe even use as home storage instead of a plastic box. If you are feeling really creative we would love to see photos of your box fort or a play house for your pet hamster! If you have children, maybe they would like to create something with it too 😉
One more use is still recycling and has extended the life of the product beyond just binning it. Please do tag us @itsfromlandandsea and hashtag #fromlandandsea any photos of you giving our materials a new life!
We will continue to work with our suppliers and research new sources and options for improving areas that still need working on. We have a background in design and innovation and love to find new and exciting eco products that we can test, try and promote so if you know of any please get in touch.
We can all do our little bit and together we will make big positive changes to help this home we call Earth…
Still Have a Question? Get In Touch!
If we still haven’t answered your question, please feel free to use this form to get in touch. We aim to respond to all emails within 24 hours